DR Collectors' June 8th Meeting (Fiscal Year End Private Meeting)
Time & Location
About the Event
This is Diasporal Rhythms Fiscal Year-End Meeting. Details and Agenda below.
Our membership is also invited to enjoy the first Inaugural Art West Gallery Tours. The tour will include three galleries located on the Westside of Chicago: 345 Art Gallery (DR collector owned), Legendary Art Gallery, and the MLK Exhibit Center. This year Art West will focus on promoting the Westside’s growing arts and culture presence by highlighting each gallery while offering activities, live music, and more. The event will take place on Sat. June 8th, from 1pm -10pm, at the locations above. There is no charge for patrons to participate in this event. By attending the June 8th meeting, our collectors will have an exclusive opportunity to preview locally sourced artwork featured for this event, along with an artist talk.
Art West will showcase the works of local artists and talent. The objective is to use the event to bring the already rich culture of the Westside to a broader audience. We expect over 1,000 people to attend including elected officials, heads of public agencies, leaders of community-based organizations and local residents.
Host: Board of Diasporal Rhythms
- 10:15 a.m. - New Member Orientation
- 11:00 a.m. - Collectors Meeting
- Call to Order: Cynthia Smith
- Welcome: Alexie Young, Owner of Art West, LLC
- Story of Art: TBD
- Treasurer Report: Gail E. Spann
- Remarks from Our President: Patric McCoy
- Executive Director's Report: D.E. Simmons
- Committee Reports
- Membership: Cynthia Smith
- Youth: Pat Wells/Ted Feaster, Corry Williams
- Education: Dan Parker/Freddye Smith/Regina Carter
- Events: D.E. Simmons
- Marketing: Manvel Robinson/Cynthia Smith
- New Business/Questions/Comments